Always from scratch

Always from scratch

Monday, April 4, 2016

Winner

We have a winner for the contest! Ms. Jane Doe please stop into Main Street Bakery anytime and pick up your prize. Thank you everyone for participating in my contest. I have more than enough ideas for my daily cultural items! Here is Janes winning picture and experience.
I recently went to the Virgin Islands, St. Thomas for my five year anniversary. It was a wonderful experience and it makes me wonder why i live in Wisconsin! I went there with my husband for a week and we stayed at the Sugar Bay Resort.
The people of the Virgin Islands are British Accented. I asked one lady were she came from, and she laughed and said the Virgin Islands. She later told me that her grandparents came from England.
Food at the resort was most defiantly on the tropics side. They had all sorts of fresh fruits and every meal had the option of fresh seafood. Walking around in Charlotte Amalie, which is the main city of St. Thomas, they had all sorts of tropical treats. Without a doubt, families living in the Virgin Islands have traditional recipes that have came from England. How unique is that?

Thank you Ms. Jane Doe for sharing your experience with us. Everybody else, remember to stop in and taste the flavors of Main Street Bakery. Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment